With digital technology being an integrated part of our lives now, more and more improvements are developed in order to make life more comfortable. By providing a more efficient way to deal with the burden of daily, weekly, or monthly tasks, technological advancements are constantly upgrading our way of living. A resident portal is an online platform designed to make a renter’s life easier, by making it possible to pay rent online, easily submit maintenance requests, and perform a number of other essential renter services.
As such platforms grow in popularity, we wanted to know how many people have access to it and how many are actually using it. In a survey of over 2,000 renters, 42% said they have access to an online resident platform. When asked how they felt about the idea, over 80% of renters believed that an online resident portal is a convenient feature, even a must-have. Yet surprisingly, 45% of renters still pay their rent by check, 14% via bank account transfer, and 12% with cash.
For those of you who have yet to try the platform, here are 5 benefits that will make your renting life easier:
- Pay your rent online: As secure websites, these platforms are a safe place for online transactions. You can pay your rent instantly, right from your couch, and avoid any fees or delays that might occur when opting for a traditional payment method. They also offer an autopayment option, which will help you pay the rent on time and keep your credit intact. Resident portals are a great way to keep track of all your payments—just log in and instantly view your balance and payments, and even update your profile.
- Submit maintenance requests at any time: Whether your kitchen sink is leaking or your heating system just broke, you can go online and submit a maintenance request 24/7. Describe your situation briefly—add photos or voice memos—and a maintenance team will be there in no time. No more waiting on the phone or getting frustrated because the landlord isn’t answering your calls.
- Stay in touch with your rental community: With calendar events and announcements available on the platform, it’s always easy to engage in the community. A platform where you can connect with your neighbors and stay up to date with what is happening in your neighborhood creates a sense of belonging.
- Contact leasing specialists: A renter portal also allows for easy communication with leasing specialists who can help you with your move-in and move-out processes, or with your lease renewal. You can sign everything electronically and have access to the documents online, at any time. Plus, you can do it all from the comfort of your home.
- Choose ease and convenience: Perhaps most importantly, accessing the resident portal is as simple as logging into your email or Facebook account. It takes only a few clicks and it’s convenient and secure. Most platforms are also now offering a mobile app and even text messaging options, so you can receive balances and make payments right from your smartphone.
If you’re ready to try it, here’s how to get started: go online on your community’s website, where you will find a resident login page. Once there, follow the steps to register online and then you’re all set. You can also ask your property manager for assistance in setting up your profile.
Renting has never been easier. Take advantage of your community’s resident online platform, save the time you would spend on dull tasks and spend it with your friends instead. If you’re looking to rent an apartment, browse RENTCafé for great rental communities in your area that fit your lifestyle and your budget.