Kelso High School Overview1904 Allen St, Kelso, WA 98626 , Tel: +1 (360) 501-1801 Kelso School District
- GreatSchools Rating
See latest reviews
Type: Public High School
School data provided by GreatSchools School data provided by GreatSchools. The GreatSchools Rating is a simple tool for parents to compare schools based on test scores, student academic growth, and college readiness. It compares schools across the state, where the highest rated schools in the state are designated as 'Above Average' and the lowest 'Below Average'.
Kelso High School Ratings & Reviews
The Special Education staff at Kelso H.S are amazing! Your truly angels in my eyes!
My daughter is a freshman this year, and during 3 of the home football games my hubby, 2 other children and I have to sit where the high school students sit because my daughter has seizures, and we need to be close to the stairs...When we very nicely asked a few high school kids to sit down so my 6 yr old could see, we got swore at and told to shut the * up...When we told security the response was "that's the way the kids have always done it, if you don't like it stay home"
Kelso High School has a pretty good anti-harassment policy, an excellent sports department, and a wonderful staff. The drama department is amazing; they've produced actors like Conner Trinneer.
I graduated Kelso High Class of 2010, and I would say Kelso is okay. I didn't take part in sports, but I was in a few clubs before the funding was removed. I took AP and advanced classes, and truly it is the only way to go. The building is newly remodelled, with many a flaw. There are ceiling leaks, the parking lot floods, there were some issues with ventilation, it was always cold, windows can't be opened (if the classroom even has a window) and there aren't student lockers. The teachers can be good or bad. Because I spent most of my time in advanced classes, I had the more effective teachers and the more effective classes. The leadership is okay, though "popular" students are favoured over others. And it is blatantly obvious. Overall, I felt safe, and the staff was usually kind. It's not a bad school.
* (CONTINUTED FROM BELOW) * - Safety is never a concern for me. I feel INCREDIBLY safe at school. I honestly do. - Extracurricular activities are funded very well I think. I don't play a single sport, but I see Kelso High accommodating for small, less popular teams or groups. This year there is color guard and there is a big involvement with that. - And special education to me, looks outstanding. There are a lot of Teacher's Assistants working with kids and special education teachers working with the special needs. Students are never impolite to them. In fact one student from the special education program sits with the other students at lunch every other day. In conclusion, teachers teach well, counselors are top notch, and it is an overall nice, safe and accommodating school. I recommend.
Kelso City, WA Education Statistics
- No High School4%
- Some High School38%
- Some College36%
- Associate Degree10%
- Bachelor Degree7%
- Graduate Degree5%
Find more apartments for rent near high schools in the area
Find more apartments for rent near other schools in the area
- Apartments near Kelso Virtual Academy
- Apartments near Special Education
- Apartments near Loowit High School
- Apartments near Wallace Elementary School
- Apartments near Huntington Middle School
- Apartments near Coweeman Middle School
- Apartments near Catlin Elementary School
- Apartments near Butler Acres Elementary School
- Apartments near Barnes Elementary School