Tlc Academy OverviewP O Box 61726, San Angelo, TX 76906 , Tel: +1 (325) 653-3200 Texas Leadership
- GreatSchools Rating
See latest reviews
Type: Charter School
School data provided by GreatSchools School data provided by GreatSchools. The GreatSchools Rating is a simple tool for parents to compare schools based on test scores, student academic growth, and college readiness. It compares schools across the state, where the highest rated schools in the state are designated as 'Above Average' and the lowest 'Below Average'.
Tlc Academy Ratings & Reviews
This is a charter school run by a church. No teaching certificate required says it all. Plus decisions seem to be made primarily with church in mind instead of children and school.
The school is very clickish. The students with parents that work at the school, get favored above the other students. Some teachers and administration are very unprofessional.
My son attended kindergarten and half of first grade at TLCA, and we loved it! He has ADHD, sensory issues, and a language processing disorder, which means he isn't always the easiest kid to work with, but the staff went above and beyond to make him feel cared for and to help him succeed. I like that TLCA sets clear boundaries for behavior and they keep parents involved when problems do come up. If you're the kind of parent who has high expectations and wants to be very involved with your child's education, TLCA will be a great fit. We withdrew my son today because we're moving across the country. The entire staff came to say goodbye to my son. These folks really do care, and it shows.
My son has been at TLCA since kindergarten and at first I really liked it. This year however we got a new principal and everything changed. He is a dictator and no parent is allowed to voice their opinion or concerns. You can't go to the school board because they refuse to talk to you. The principal pretty much says it is his way or the highway and has even threatened to tackle down parents if he has to and has said/done other things that I cannot imagine would come from a PRINCIPAL. I prefer public school because at least if there are issues there is always someone to go to that will be the mediator there to guide you, as opposed to ignoring the issue at hand and hoping you go away silently. If you aren't giving money to the school or are feeding their pockets, they could care less about you. As I talk to more and more people, I realize how corrupt the owner of the school is and those who run it. They may think that everything is all great, but one day all the lies and corruption will catch up to them.
Yes But...This school does teach a lot about character and leadership, and classes are smaller in comparison with most public schools, BUT for my son (1st grade) who struggled with math they had no options for tutoring or summer school to improve his understanding and make sure he went on to 2nd grade, they're only suggestion was holding him back. Not good enough in my opinion. We will be transferring him to Goliad in August.
San Angelo, TX Education Statistics
- No High School6%
- Some High School39%
- Some College26%
- Associate Degree7%
- Bachelor Degree15%
- Graduate Degree7%
Find more apartments for rent near schools in the area
Find more apartments for rent near other schools in the area
- Apartments near Fannin Elementary School
- Apartments near Central Freshman Campus
- Apartments near Crockett Elementary School
- Apartments near Central High School
- Apartments near Bradford Elementary School
- Apartments near Bowie Elementary School
- Apartments near Belaire Elementary School
- Apartments near Austin Elementary School
- Apartments near Alta Loma Elementary School
- Apartments near Fairview Accelerated
- Apartments near Gateway Christian Academy & Learning Center
- Apartments near San Angelo Christian Academy
- Apartments near Ambleside School of San Angelo
- Apartments near Angelo Christian
- Apartments near Gateway Christian
- Apartments near Concho Valley Girls Home
- Apartments near Angelo Catholic School
- Apartments near Cornerstone Christian School
- Apartments near Trinity Lutheran School
- Apartments near Angelo Catholic School