Villa Maria Elementary School Overview2551 West 8th Street, Erie, PA 16505 , Tel: +1 (814) 838-5451
- GreatSchools Rating
See latest reviews
Type: Private School
School data provided by GreatSchools School data provided by GreatSchools. The GreatSchools Rating is a simple tool for parents to compare schools based on test scores, student academic growth, and college readiness. It compares schools across the state, where the highest rated schools in the state are designated as 'Above Average' and the lowest 'Below Average'.
Villa Maria Elementary School Ratings & Reviews
There aren't enough words to adequately describe this school. The education is top notch and the overwhelming amount of extra programs is wonderful. Lake Erie Ballet, guitar, piano,voice lessons and band are a few areas that lessons are offered. Swimming lessons and various athletic programs are also a part of the things that makes Villa more than just a school. The teachers care about every child and those children are taught respect and given discipline because they are loved. This school is helping me provide the world with an asset not a handicap. The Villa difference has to be experienced not just read about.
I don't understand the negative reviews, other than maybe the culture shock when transferring from city schools, it's confusing to be around students who respect adults, at first many see this as "uncool" as they're used to viewing adults as the enemy. My child attended 7&8th grade and quickly grew to love it, and it's small, welcoming family atmosphere. They're more accepting of other cultures, religions, etc. Than any govt. Controlled school, and welcome parent visits instead of making them feel as though they're interfering, they realize that these are OUR children, which seems lost on many schools. My only regret is not sending her from kindergarten on.
To say this is a good school is like saying Communism was a good idea.
My family is at Villa Maria Elementary because it offers a wonderfully open and warm environment for my children, it offers a unique academic curriculum incorporating the arts (which is often cut in other schools), it offers a pool to supplement their phys. ed. program, it offers teachers who truly care about each, individual child and their development, it offers an energetic and progressive principal with whom the kids can relate, and so much more. My kids love it there and we love it there, so there is not much more it can offer!!
I went there for two years: 7th and 8th grade. Needless to say, there were the worst two years of my life. The discipline is out of control. For example, we had two girls who got caught texting class that got SUSPENDED instead of just given detention or having their phones revoked. The entire time I was there I only went on a total of 2 FIELD TRIPS. When I was at my old school, we took that many field trips in 2 months. Then, the principal overeacts to everything and is constantly making up new rules, like on the first day of my eighth grade year, when we had an assembly that consisted of him laying 10 new rules for all grades and totally messing up the way people got picked up at the end of the day. It was like going to prison in daily shifts.
Average Rent in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Average Rental Price, August 2019$1,329/mo
Pennsylvania Apartment Rent Ranges
- > $2,0009%
Pennsylvania Education Statistics
- No High School3%
- Some High School41%
- Some College21%
- Associate Degree8%
- Bachelor Degree17%
- Graduate Degree10%
Find more apartments for rent near schools in the area
Find more apartments for rent near other schools in the area
- Apartments near Lincoln El School
- Apartments near Jefferson El School
- Apartments near Connell El School
- Apartments near Edison Elementary School
- Apartments near Diehl El School
- Apartments near Northwest Pa Collegiate Academy
- Apartments near Wilson Middle School
- Apartments near East Senior High School
- Apartments near Wayne Middle School
- Apartments near Pfeiffer-Burleigh El School
- Apartments near Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School
- Apartments near Mount Calvary Elementary School
- Apartments near Mercyhurst Preparatory School
- Apartments near Holy Rosary School
- Apartments near Holy Family School
- Apartments near St Peter Cathedral Center School
- Apartments near St Luke School
- Apartments near Cathedral Preparatory School
- Apartments near St James Elementary School
- Apartments near St John-Holy Rosary Eastside Catholic School