I find it hard to compromise safety when creating the list of “must haves” for my Phoenix rental. I mean, if you aren’t safe, what good is your pretty view or hip location going to do for you in the end? Not trying to be bleak, just realistic. Safety matters!
When searching for apartments for rent in the Valley of the Sun that are safe and beautiful, check out opportunities in these Phoenix neighborhoods.
- Wonder Rift, nestled in the shadow of South Mountain, is a bit of a cheater. It seems easy to be the safest neighborhood near Phoenix when it is also one of the most sparsely populated. (Only the crimes of the coyotes are recorded here.) Rent rates average at $850. Residents will find a 15 percent vacancy rate on rentals that quickly decimates during tourist season. The best time to negotiate your lease is when the crowds die down.
- Sitting between Piestewa Peak and Camelback Mountain, Camelback East offers a wide selection of housing options, from spacious single-family homes to cozy rental apartments. Residents of Arcadia Villa Apartments in the popular Biltmore area enjoy lush landscaping, beautiful pools, and resort-style amenities, all complemented by a premium location. The Exeter Blvd area just north of E Indian School Rd feels much like a suburb with spacious yards and large homes, most holding three or more bedrooms. This is an excellent place for renters with families—or those who plan to expand their numbers in the near future. With a vacancy rate that hovers around 3 percent, it’s not wise to sleep on a good deal.
- Vista del Cerro/ Firebranch Rd north of the Phoenix Mountain Preserve offers fine living accommodations in an exceptionally guarded community. Average rent rates are higher than 98.9 percent of surrounding neighborhoods but it’s hard to put a price tag on peace of mind.
- The quadrant between Glendale Avenue, North Avenue, N 7th Avenue and N 7th St. is home to numerous peaceful corridors. Average rent rates come in at $670, making it a comfortable and affordable place to call home.
- Young, single, and well-educated renters will feel right at home renting in the Shadow Ridge II/Santiago area. Like-minded neighbors compose one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the nation.