Useful, ridiculous roommate things on Etsy
Why, hello there Etsy! What do you have for me and my roommate? Let’s start with useful:
- Magnetic reminder notepad. Stick it to the fridge to track things like rent, bills, chores, groceries, and more. Each sheet covers a week and you get 52 of them… which means the pad might last longer than your roommie.
- Secret hiding place. Cool, velvet-lined secret chamber is discreet, classy. Perfect for hiding small valuables you steal from your roommate.
- Artsy-fartsy chalkboard. So much better than some dumpy whiteboard you’d get at Office Depot.
- Snotty attitude card. There’s a little bit of sugar on the front, to help make the medicine on the back go down.
And now the ridiculous:
- Clean/dirty dishwasher sign. Here’s a tip on how to keep your dishes straight. When they’re dirty, leave the door latch in the unlocked position; when they’re clean, leave it locked. There, I just saved you $8.
- Wingman dogtags. A good wingman knows that the element of surprise is key to any successful mission. These little guys will blow your cover every time – it’s hard to jump on those grenades when they can see you coming!
- Personalized art. This is kind of like those ‘Best Friends Forever’ picture frames that your Mom gives you with a picture of you and some dweeb you only hung out with during the summer between 7th and 8th grade and then never spoke to again, but Mom keeps that damn picture & frame up on the mantel and refuses all pleas to remove it.
- Dragon thing that maybe you put on the wall or something? I don’t know why Etsy files this one under ‘roommate.’ I would totally dig this screened onto a black silk shirt or kimono, but as a wall decoration it’s gauche.