½ pound shredded Gruyere cheese
½ pound shredded Jarlsberg or other Swiss cheese
2 Tblsp cornstarch
1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
1 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup dry white wine
1 Tblsp cherry brandy
½ tsp dry mustard
Pinch of nutmeg
1) In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cheese to coat. Set aside
2) Rub garlic on the inside of the fondue pot or a 4-quart pot for the stove. Discard garlic
3) Over medium heat, add wine and lemon juice to pot. Bring to a low simmer.
4) Gradually stir cheeses into simmering liquid. Adding the cheese slowly will make the fondue smoother.
5) Once cheese is melted and smooth, stir in brandy, mustard and nutmeg.
6) Turn heat down to low so cheese doesn’t burn. You just want to keep it warm.
7) Serve with French bread, veggies, pretzels and apples