Top 10 reasons you need to upgrade your apartment
Thinking about finding a new place? Feeling lazy and unmotivated? If you need to get excited about getting a new apartment, look no further. We’re here to be your mother – in other words, to nit-pick as many holes as we can in your logic for not upgrading your place.
We don’t know you, so we can’t say for sure whether your reasons for not moving are because you’re lazy, shiftless, or just selling yourself short. But we’re sure it’s one of the three. Thinking about the following may help you get over it:
10. You’re a grown-up now, and you should live in a nice apartment. And by nice, we mean that it should be suitable for cooking big meals, hosting lots of guests, impressing a nice significant other and being the test run for your future single family home.
9. You’re too old to have a roommate. Even if you have to downsize to something smaller in order to be able to afford it, it’s about time you had your own space.
8. Your neighbors are dealing drugs. Even a Baby Boomer can figure out what all those weird door knocking patterns mean.
7. You want to have a pet? Why don’t you move into an apartment complex where it’s allowed?
6. Your commute is too long. Move closer to work and make yourself a little free time.
5. That kitchen is disgusting. Cleaning it is never going to turn those 1970s appliances into anything more modern. Time for an upgrade!
4. Wouldn’t it be nice not to park on the street? Bet you’d save a lot of money if you didn’t have to keep replacing your rearview mirrors.. maybe even enough to afford a more expensive apartment.
3. It smells of cabbage. Yes, I know that woman down the hall is very nice, but her cooking literally stinks.
2. You should never have gone out with that girl/boy down the hall. I think it’s really weird how she/he always happens to be walking by right when you are checking your mail.
1. And the number one reason you should find a new apartment.. don’t you want to live a little closer to your parents?
Ha ha. We told you we were going to give you the mom treatment.. didn’t we? Happy apartment hunting!