I am having a hard time admitting that summer is singing its last songs before fall gets on the stage and begins dancing with leaves and migratory birds. It’s been a wonderful one, filled with exciting adventures that will remain in my mind as priceless memories. I’m making a list of the things I did this season and wonder what else could I be doing to greet autumn with the satisfaction of a fully savored summer?
- I had barbeques on top of mountains and in my friends’ backyards;
- I’ve slept several nights in cozy hammocks in the pure air of the heights and greeted the sunrise from underneath the shady trees;
- I’ve thrown parties at my place and enjoyed the coolness of pools and lakes;
- I had tons of fun at local festivals and even traveled to some in other cities;
- I’ve met amazing people and some became good friends;
- I’ve read books that enriched my soul and wrote about everything that inspired me;
- I’ve traveled to new lands and somehow my dislike for packing decreased;
- When I couldn’t jump in my car or on a plane, I offered to look after the house of dear ones who could, helping them relax while away on vacation;
- I’ve worn sunscreen and got burned;
- I’ve watched the climbers conquering what I am not yet allowed to, because of a double-fractured elbow;
- I’ve enjoyed Yoga and outdoor sports– like horseback riding;
- I’ve watched the Olympics and rooted for my favorite athletes;
- I’ve participated in several DIY projects, bringing to life colorful gardens and unique pieces of outdoor furniture.
Besides the inevitable search for a new apartment, what have I missed out on this season? How about you, how have you spent your summer?