Essential things for your first dorm room
You’re close to your first year in college, your first roommate, and of course, your first dorm room. You have to organize yourself in such a way that all your belongings fit into what will be your home for a while. We’ve put together a list for you, what will you be bringing with you to college?
- Full bed – a twin size bed will minimize the space it will take in your room. Don’t forget the right sheets, pillows and pillow cases, blankets, bedspread, and a bedside table.
- Desk, laptop/PC, printer, and flash drive. A charging station for all your gadgets and a comfortable chair too, for all the home works and projects you’ll have to prepare at this desk.
- Lighting is important, you’ll need a table lamp – again for projects, a bedside table lamp – for late time reading, and a floor lamp.
- An armchair would be really nice to find comfort in when reading the stacks of books for school.
- A bookshelf for the same books, so that they don’t take over your room.
- Your clothes need attention: plenty of hangers, a laundry hamper or bag and a small chest of drawers for your underwear and socks. To make sure your outfits match the day of the week, get a full length mirror to avoid the frustration of not being able to see the whole you.
- The trash can is essential. Paper towels and Clorox wipes are known as life savers.
- Towels – bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths, in your favorite colors. Take a shower caddy for your soap, shampoo, conditioner and other toiletries. Shower shoes and a robe also.
- Mini fridge/microwave – check on the size restrictions and allowance first.
- A TV or radio for some well-deserved downtime, which you can easily replace with your laptop/smartphone.
So you’re all set, right? If you need some advice beyond just what furniture you need, the folks at Bachelor Degrees Online blog have a list of great tips to help you survive your first year in a dorm