5 Reasons to love living in SF
Just when you start to get stressed about the apartment hunt, remember a few reasons why you love this city so much.
The rental market is fierce. Any and all spaces—even converted coat closets, it seems—are leasing for top dollar. I’ve seen a property come up for rent in the morning only to be snatched off the market before the close of business that day. Renters really have to stay on our toes if we want to find the perfect dream home in the city that we love.
It’s when I’m at my wits end that I have to remind myself precisely why I love this city and why finding an apartment is worth the fight! It’s more than, “Well, I work here…” It extends to a love for the very ground beneath my feet!
Let me get to the list you’re waiting for before I get too sentimental:
- City Pride SF residents are proud to be SF residents. We love our city so much that we’ll go out on a limb and try new things to ensure that we are always growing and improving.
- Active Communities Though we’re a diverse group, we tend to unite rather effortlessly to raise awareness about issues that we believe in. We’ve got team spirit!
- Crazy Good Food Scene Foodies from other cities (and states, dare we say) flock to San Francisco when they are ready for some seriously good food. The city repeatedly ranks in the top 5 cities for foodies in multiple listings including Zagat.
- Unbeatable Parks Long before the modern green movement revved up, civil leaders and communities were already working to preserve our green space and improve public areas throughout town. Combined, our parks cover over 80,000 acres of land, providing a much needed oasis from the bustle of city life.
- Postcard Views In other cities, you have to go to special places at special times to really see the city shine. Here, stunning views are available over the crest of any hill.