The Delaware River fun front
Have you been having enough summer fun? The Fourth of July has already passed. Feel like you’re missing out? Then head down to Penn’s Landing for some ethnic fun this weekend and until summer is done!
- July 21, Global Fusion, 12-8 pm, Great Plaza.
- August, ACANA African Festival, 2-8 pm, Great Plaza.
- August 11, Southeast Asian Dragon and the Boat Festival, 12-7 pm, Great Plaza.
- August 18, Festival of India, 1-7 pm, Great Plaza.
- August 21, Caribbean Festival, 2-7 pm, Great Plaza.
- September 16, Mexican Independence Day, 1-7 pm, Great Plaza.
If you want to go retro, the outdoor movies will be screened every Thursday night in July and August. The screenings will be held at the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing on Columbus Boulevard at Chestnut Street. The ones in July will start at 8:30 pm, while the ones in August at 8 pm. In addition, the organizers, The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation, have prepared other events as well: The Philadelphia Orchestra Neighborhood Concert at Penn’s Landing, Friday Night Lights, Smooth Jazz Summer Nights, Sounds of Gospel Concert, Philadelphia DOO WOP Festival and the WHYY Connections Festival.
Seems to be quite an eventful summer, doesn’t it?! For more information on the upcoming events and a more thorough schedule, you can visit Penn’s Landing Facebook page or check the festival’s dedicated page.