This week in Chicago: Team Conan edition
What’s going on this week in the city? Well, let’s just take a look…
He’s here! The show is giving away over 6000 free “Conan in Chicago” t-shirts all around town, find out how to get them here. This week’s lineup of guests:
- Monday – Jack McBrayer, musical guests Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
- Tuesday 6/12 – Andy Samberg, musical guest Eric Hutchinson
- Wednesday 6/13 – Johnny Galecki, musical guests Kids These Days
- Thursday 6/14 – Adam Sandler, comedian TJ Miller
World record attempt needs your help
The 6 Corners Barbeque Street Festival needs your help to set the world record for most people wearing sunglasses in the dark. The festival goes Saturday & Sunday, but the record attempt is at 4:30pm on the 16th, with everyone meeting at the Portage Theater (4050 N. Milwaukee Avenue). Corey Hart kicks things off, bring your shades then enjoy some sweet BBQ with all the fixings, music, family fun, and more.
Chicago is #1 in the nation…
… in laptop thefts! The Tribune breaks down all the numbers, but once again the Windy City comes out on top. Way to go, guys! In your face, runners-up Houston and Detroit. Isn’t this precisely why your need renters insurance?
5th annual Chicago ZombieMarch set to terrorize city
It’s kinda like The Walking Dead, only in real life and here in Chicago. The horde will assemble on the grass by The Bean in Millennium Park at 3:00 pm on Saturday June 16th, horrific shuffling & abject moaning to begin shortly thereafter. No one knows exactly how long it will take the living dead to make their way through town, but a three-hour timeframe is anticipated. No cost to attend, no age restrictions, and please… no weapons!
- Chicago could make a good candidate to host next Super Bowl game(rentcafe.com)
- Let the NeoCon Home show spark creativity in your home(rentcafe.com)
- Calorie-burning fun fitness parties will soon take over Millennium Park(rentcafe.com)
If you’ve ever joked that your roomie would be a perfect participant for Dr. Drew’s Celebrity Rehab, we need to
Grab some of the best, obscure South Asian food in Atlanta. When most of us think about the food court